Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fun in the Sun!

The old saying "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" holds a lot of truth. This past weekend one of the first people I met freshman year came to visit. Patty and I met the fall of 1998, both so young and full of curiosity and hope. We had an instant connection and have remained close friends ever since. The thing about old friends, they know your past and accept it, they live in your present and enjoy it, and are look forward to your future! Our lives over the years have changed, no longer are we just here for the party. This weekend we laughed, we talked, we reiminised just like the good ole days but embraced our new "lives" with the same enthusiasm of days past! Often during the weekend I found myself filled with emotion, all of the good things and all of the bad things that we both went through made us the people that we are now and I fill up with pride for the women that we both have become!