Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Anyone still there?

At this rate I am going to be a once a quarter poster... I have actually really missed writing. But, between the job, the kid, the dog and the husband blogging just takes a back seat.

Britten will be 11 months next week. Its so hard to believe that this time last year I was waddling around, miserable with PUPPS, and permanently stuck in the incline position because of heartburn. The funny thing is that all of the misery that I can sorta remember, I don't feel now... the pain that I thought was earth shattering is barely even a distant memory now. Now I feel each tooth that Britten is cutting, I hurt each time he has a ear infection, I cry with him everytime he just isn't feeling right. And though the long days are long, when he first started laughing my heart melted, his first army crawl I swelled with pride and when he pulled himself up all on his own I teared just a little because I didn't see a baby anymore, I saw a boy who is learning to be independent and strong. I have to admit that there is no better love than a love a mother has for her child.

1 comment:

Emily said...

girl...I'm still here!! :)